Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Update

We are getting down to the final days of pregnancy and physically
I am starting to feel ready. (At least that is one of us, the baby tends
to disagree I think) I am 38 weeks and 5 days. Today we went to the
doctor for an ultrasound which verified that our little baby boy
is still a boy... No the real reason was to verify that he
was breech (his butt is down and his head by my lungs, obviously
he is a little confused as this is NOT the ideal birthing position)
We knew this might be a possibility for the last few weeks but were
hoping and trying lots of things that might turn. It looks like the
option is C-section, which I am getting more comfortable with
the idea as it seems to be almost the only option, on either
this Thursday or Monday. A C-section has taken me a while
to accept as it is completely different than the all-natural birth
I had with Kimee. On the bright side, at least he will be here
before Thanksgiving so we can hopefully both be at home for that.

Other interesting ultrasound findings. He seems to have long
legs, a big head in 95+%, hard to to tell but think not too much
hair, (Kimee much have taken all those genes), and he
is about 7 lbs 14 ounces right now. Doesn't he sound just
so cute from that description? Only time will tell how accurate
technology is but it is kind of fun to know.

I was going to post pictures of my belly as several people
have been asking but I am tired and going to bed instead.

We will keep you posted...(No pun intended)

1 comment:

Justin and Melissa said...

good luck. I think I would be pretty ok with a c-section if I knew he was going to have a big head. Hope it goes well, can't wait to see him