Monday, June 25, 2012

9-months and growing

Well Jakey and Bekah are 9-months old, a few weeks ago. This post is slightly delayed due to the last 2 weeks being crazier than normal. Let's start with Jakey.

He weighs 17.5 pounds (13%), length 28 inches (31%) and head 17.5 (31%). His percentages have all gone from 6 months but I am not too worried. He eats a ton. I have seen him only spit out one thing and that was some pork and gravy.. very much to Carl's dismay. (He is a meat and potatoes guy). In Jakey's defense, I think he was not super hungry. I like to think he likes all food but maybe he hasn't learned the spit up skill yet. He has quite of bit of redish hair and still likes the exersaucer.

Jakey is such a happy baby. He loves to be around people and cries when everyone leaves the room. He loves to just sit and play. He gets in the stink bug position but doesn't do much more than that. His smile is so contagious. He sleeps great.


Now Bekah. She weighs 17.9 pouunds (39%), length 27.75 inches (51%), and head 17.75 (81%). She too has gone down percentage-wise. I guess the curve to measure girls and boys is very different. (Not that I really worry too much about the charts...just interesting.)Bekah's weight is 0.4 more than Jakey but that puts her in the 39% and him in the 13% and their heads 0.3 difference but that changes from 31% to 81%. No wonder girls have complexes when it comes to image..

She is putting everything in her mouth. She can crawl and get about anywhere she wants to.She is not super fast but fast enough that if I take my eye of her she is another room, under the bed, behind the chair.etc. She loves to be standing. She loves the walker and the jumperoo. (So much the first time I put her in the jumperoo she jumped so much she wore herself out. see above) She eats really well too. Several times I have left them in their chairs to go attend to the other kids. I come back to find she has reached out and grabbed the bowl with the food and spilled it all over her and floor. Her arms are much longer than I thought. She sleeps really well, usually since she is the one who can move, I find her cuddled (or body pinned) up next to Jacob in the crib.


It has been busy having twins but 3 months to 12 months is my favorite stage. I love seeing them grow and their smiles make it all worth it.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

They are beautiful kids! I love the picture of her sleeping in the jumperoo. So precious.

Height charts are definitely different for the genders. When my eldest kept coming in way above the 100% line, I asked what it all meant. My doctor said that 100% on the girls chart was 5'9 as an adult. My kid was tracking to 6 foot (go girl!). She also said that the charts were pretty useless in really predicting anything and doctor's use them to make sure the kids are on track relative to their own growth rates.

Alison Berrett said...

We sure miss those little stinks! This really is the fun stage! We miss Kimee and Ethan too of course! Man those babies have some deep blue eyes!