Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween or Christmas..? Both are in the air.

Kimee is excited for Halloween, in spite of the light snow we got today. (As a side note she saw snow and instantly started writing her Christmas list for Santa so he wouldn't forget her.)

Here is a little conversation with Kimee.

Mommy: Kimee, what are you going to be for Halloween?
Kimee: Snow White.
Mommy: What is Mommy going to be?
Kimee: The ugly bad witch that gives me the apple and makes me die. (referring to the witch in Snow White)
Mommy: Oh. (slightly taken aback)
Mommy: What is Daddy going to be?
Kimee: Daddy is going to be the handsome prince that saves me.
Hmmm... Guess that says it all. Mommy is a witch (the bad guy) and Daddy is a prince (the good guy).

A little later.

Kimee: Mommy I know what Ethan is going to be for Halloween.
Mommy: What?
Kimee: Come here, I show you. (I was in the other room folding laundry for the record)
This is what I found.


Any guess on this make-shift costume Kimee made for Ethan?

Mommy: Did you put this on Ethan?
Kimee: Yes.
Mommy: Why?
Kimee: Because it is his costume for Halloween.
Mommy: Who is he?
Kimee: SUPERWHY silly mommy.

(Okay so maybe she does watch a little TOO much TV..)

For the record, Ethan is NOT going to be SUPERWHY. (For those who don't know, this is a cartoon show for kids). I am still not sure how she was able to get this around Ethan's neck and have him survive. Anyway, just a glimpse into the mind and life of a 3-year-old in case you were ever wondering what does go on inside their heads.

No comments: