Sunday, May 20, 2012

Going back 7 years

Seven years ago today I married my wonderful husband and friend. A while back we were out to eat and Carl escorted an older lady out to her car. She made a comment to me that stuck.  "You have a good man, make sure you keep him close and love him. He may not always be around." Life is so fragile. What a great 7 years it has been,(I hope for no bad luck) and look forward to many more years come. We have learned and grown quite a bit between then and now.

Then: We could go where and when we wanted.
Now: It takes a week to plan a weekend trip.

Then: His tuxedo pants fit and my wedding dress fit.
Now: These pieces of clothing are being saved in the closet in hopes for the day when we can  maybe "fit" into them again.

Then: We could go out to eat.
Now: We order in.

Then: Staying up late until  midnight was fun.
Now: Staying awake until 10:30 is miracle.

Then: He laughed when I asked his permission to spend $5 on something.
Now: I don't ask. I just spend the money,save myself the embarrassment, and him the enjoyment of making fun of me for asking about such a little amount.

Then: I asked him to eat his vegtables.
Now: I have to beg him to eat his vegtables.

Then: I said No pets.
Now: We have fish. (We compromised)

Then: He started his education and was figuring out his career.
Now: He is graduated and has a career.

Then: He was the spender. I was the saver.
Now. He saves more and spends less and I spend a little more.

Then: I knew he loved a wide variety music.
Now:  His love has expanded to vinyl and we have a record player in our house.

Then: We knew we wanted a family.
Now: Who knew we would be a family of 6!!

Then: He would serenade me.
Now: He sings to my children..( I still love to listen)

Then: He blessed my life.
Now: He blesses the lives of my children.

Then: I loved him.
Now: I love him even more.

No comments: