Not sure if this post will include pictures but I just have say a few things. Lately, I have received some comments that make me feel old.
First, Kimberlee is in preschool(can I really have a daughter leaving my site?) She was asked to take a picture of her family for a lesson on families. We sent her with a current picture. After school she very excitedly informed me that she won a prize because she had the biggest family out of all her classmates. For some reason, this made me feel old.
Second,my cell phone recently died. A very sad day. I went to the provider store to look at the options, which weren't many due to my cheapness. The salesman looked at my plan and confirmed I was due for an upgrade since it had 3 years or so. He was amazed that there were plans still in use that didn't have the data option on them. I told him my phone was not data compatible. The conversation went something like this.
Him: You really should upgrade to a data phone and get the data plan.
Me: I don't really want to pay for the data plan nor would I use it.
Him: Oh, well you should at least get the unlimited text option.
Me: No thank you. I just want to keep my plan cheap.
Him: Oh, I guess "your generation" might not know how to use text or the great advantages of texting.
Me: Quiet, taken aback by his remark.
Him: You do know what text messaging is don't you?
Lets just say I didn't buy a phone from him. As a side note, I do know how to text and I am not against it. I am just not obsessed with it.
Third, ironically the phone I did end up buying does seem to be literally for old people since I don't want to come into the new smart phone age. It is a basic flip phone, yes they still make those, which has the following limited features that makes me think it is for the old people. You be the judge. First, the reviews. One review said, I can talk on it without my hearing aid or the next reveiw, I can see the keypad without my glasses. Or the review that said bought this phone for my grandma and she loves it. (need I go on) Second feature, the ring tone. It has LOUD and LOUDEST. I guess they are wanting me to go deaf so I can use that hearing aid enabled feature. The loud is plenty loud. Third feature, the size in which the numbers appear on the screen. It has LARGE and LARGEST. The large is plenty LARGE. Okay so I get the point, I am old school but not old.
Fourth, when people find out we have 4 kids they always seem to ask if we are having more. Then they proceed to say something like this, Well at "your age" don't you think 4 is enough? Or at your age, you aren't considering any more right?
Maybe all these comments are coming from few grey hairs I have incurred since turning 30. Maybe they are more noticeable than I thought. Trust me there are several things that make me feel older already, I don't need the extra reminders.
In the next post I will share some funny things that have happened as we are all adjusting to have having new babies in our lives. Thanks for letting me vent.
4 comments:
Haha! Sorry, but funny post! The fact that people say you are getting to old for having more kids blows my mind. Especially in Utah where there are Mormon mom's having babies into their 40's! The phone thing definitely cracks me up. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it simple when you won't be using all the data plan stuff, but the fact that the simple phones have large words and hearing aid friendly makes me laugh!
OH Em, If you are getting old what does that make me? I'm nipping at your heels? Actually I've been feeling the same way lately, so many young college kids around here. Love the phone though, that's just hilarious. I have a flip too, but it doesn't have those settings! :) You are not old! And I'm sure you don't feel old and until you do, you are not old! Love ya sis!
OH, I laughed SOOOO hard at this post. And who do people think they are anyway? I'm not old and since we share the same birth date, that means that you aren't old either. So :P to them! (the whole cell phone thing really cracks me up though! You do know what texting is right? I would have totally played that one up!)
Great post! Laughing out loud, especially at the phone part, only because for awhile I wanted a phone exactly like the one you got. I didn't see the need for all the bells and whistles.
You're young. I'm old! ;)
Post a Comment