Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We did a lot over the 4th of July weekend and thought we would share. Most importantly we are so grateful for this country that we live in and the freedoms we enjoy. We realize that these freedoms came due to the many before us who sacraficed on behalf. We can't forget this.

The weekend started out with the family tradition of going to the Balloon Races as part of the Freedom Festival. The balloons didn't take off due to high winds but it was still fun to go and continue the tradition. I find it really fun to now take my family. My dad and I have gone to this just every year since it started. Lots of the same old balloons but the new one this year was the Coke balloon. Kimee liked it because of all the "bubbles" on it. The "bubbles" were suppose to make it look like it was cold.


Monday we spent the afternoon at Lincoln Beach. It was pretty windy but
we finally got the machines in the water. Mom stayed on the beach and played with Kimee in the sand and pulled her in her boat.
This is Kimee's new smile.. Not sure where she learned it but when
I asked to smile she says Mom this just how I smile..

Ethan just chillin in his little boat and eating a sand shovel.

The day turned out to be fun. Carl and I had a good time on the jetskis/waverunners.
The water was a bit cold but not too bad later on in the day. The wind died down so
I felt more comfortable being out there.


Kimee even went out with Daddy for a short ride.
Don't ask how we both ended up in the water. Lets just call it a bad idea on my part.
The only not so good part about the trip was that Carl in hurrying to try and get on the jetski before it floated away while we were unloading it on the ramp and his anxious desire to test the power of the jetski made for a bad combination. Carl ended up getting dumped in the water which would be fine except he had his glasses on. His glasses now have a new home at the bottom of Lincoln Beach. The other bad part is that this was his only pair, well except for his prescription sunglasses. He had to wear these indoors and out for 5 days. He got some weird glances at church and some smart remarks from his co-workers.. (We had to order another pair and he got them back today wahoo!! I guess spending the afternoon at the eye doctor on the 5th was worth it. Hey least they were open on the holiday right?)

Monday we went to the parade in Provo. Kimee liked it and was waving and clapping along with everyone else. Her cousins Cameron and Kaison had saved her a front row spot.
Kimee and Ethan enjoying the parade.
They even had some balloons. The monkey was obviously Curious George. Kimee very matter-of-factly corrected me after I called it the monkey balloon..

As a side note and cuz I think he is so darn cute, here is Ethan with his 2 new bottom teeth. You have to look close but they are there.

1 comment:

Alison Berrett said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Wish we could have been there to share but glad you had fun.